Oblivion: the fact or condition of not remembering.
A fictional character in one of my favorite young adult novels once stated that he fears oblivion. I used to think the same. But one day I woke up with bloodshot eyes, stared at the ceiling for a few hours, and wished for oblivion to come.
Here’s our Top 10 K-Drama Quotes for all of us who once had sleepless nights while nursing a broken heart.
- When the other person wishes you well and says the despicable “you deserve someone better” line after finding perfection in someone else.
“After all the pain you put my heart through, now you tell me live well?”
~ Son Oh-gong, Hwayugi
- When you realize that The Script is being honest when they said that “when a heart breaks no it don’t break even.”
“It’s tougher for the ones left behind.”
~ Jo Yang-ja, Emergency Couple
- When you’ve learned the bitter truth that people change, including their feelings.
“I thought that if I didn’t change, the people I trusted and liked wouldn’t change either. I was wrong, though.”
~ Hae Soo, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo
- When tears can’t stop from falling and you wanted to hear someone say that everything will be okay and that you’re not at fault.
“Sometimes, I want to cry out loud. I want someone to hear me crying. I wanted them to hear me cry and tell me everything will be okay. I want someone to pat me on the back, and tell me that it’s not my fault.”
~ Yoon sunbae, Age of Youth
- When your sister hugs you to sleep at night and whisper comforting words.
“When people are cheated on, people are deluded. They think they made a mistake or it’s their fault. They think if they become dull or boring. They think it’s something they did. But it’s not right. We didn’t do anything wrong. It was them who betrayed us.”
~ Noh Ji-wook, Suspicious Partner
- When you feel empty inside but you can’t stop yourself from missing the other person despite of what they did.
“Is there any opening time and closing time for people’s feelings, just like stores?”
~ Cha Do-hwi, Flower Boy Next Door
- When a friend comforts you. ( @grumpyahjumma @maknaeahjumma)
“Don’t cry to much. Don’t beat yourself up for too long, but never forget…”
~ Jung Jae-chan, While You Were Sleeping
- When you’ve decided to forgive, not just the other person but yourself as well.
“My point is that, if possible, forgive. The ones who forgive can sleep in peace. But not the one who needs to be forgiven.”
~ Shin Soon-ae, Oh My Ghostess
- When you’ve accepted the beautiful yet painful truth about the opposite of love.
“The opposite word for love isn’t hate or dislike. The opposite word for love is I loved you. It’s the past tense.”
~ Joo Yeol-mae, Yoon Suk-hyun, I Need Romance 2012
- And finally, when you’ve learned that despite all the tears and the pain you’ve endured…someday, someone will make your heart feel you’ve reached home.
“Those of you who’ve been through many goodbyes, including myself. There’s sill hope for us all.”
~ Jang Jae-yeol, It’s Okay That’s Love
Getting over a heartbreak is never an easy task. Cry as much as you want, scream if you must. But trust me, better days are always waiting ahead. One day at a time my beautiful K-Drama drunkards. Annyeong!
~ Tipsy Ahjumma
<< Tipsy Findings: Top 10 Locations Used by Different Dramas
<< Neomu Kiyowo: Top 10 Cutest Korean Child Actors
<< Forget Me Not: Top 10 Actors and Actresses Viewers Often Forget Were Idols
<< Crazy for Sukie: 10 Times Lee Jong-suk Stole Our Hearts
<< Escaping Nugudom: Top 10 Rising Oppas of 2017
<< Sangnamja: Top 10 Manliest and Sexiest Oppas
<< Sarang, Bogummy: Top 10 Favorite Park Bo-gum Moments
<< TOTGA: The Top 10 Second Lead Oppas
Source: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
One thought on “Waiting for Oblivion: Top 10 K-Drama Quotes for the Ones Left Behind”
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.